

I love the summer in Calgary. Not only do we have Canada Day followed by 4th of July (for us lucky few who can celebrate both, guilt free) but we also have a glorious 10 day holiday called the Calgary Stampede – the greatest outdoor show on earth! For those wonderful days, everyone puts on their best cowboy gear including all boots, wranglers, hats, etc. The event is similar to Halloween, where girls can wear whatever ‘barely there’ outfit they want as long as you have a cowboy hat and boots on! But to top off the entire week of costumes is the free good. If you are seriously into it, you can eat three meals a day for free. Every business has a stampede breakfast every morning. You can drive all over the city and see them every few seconds. Also, for lunch and dinner, every company you work with invites you to a stampede barbeque. It may not be worth it to eat chili, hamburgers and pop for a week straight, but you at least you could say you did it! To end the week, you could actually attend the event we are all celebrating. The big fair, but that would be too easy, wouldn’t it?
5 comments:
YAY!! The Stampede. I missed it this year. Was it amazing?
I'm not sure exactly what "the stampede" is...but it looks like a lot of fun!
I would be the one finding every free meal...I love it!
hey wait.. I could've SWORN you had a more recent post than this one.. am I going nuts?!?
How are the Berry's doing?
~gus
Excuse me...when did you start a blog? Good thing I linked up from Tanis'! I am soooo jealous you are at the Calgary Stampede. Eat some little donuts for me! p.s. I'm adding you as a friend.
Post a Comment