Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A House

Well, we have been house hunting for a while. It was starting to get really frustrating and I came home one night and told Mick how I was refusing to look ANY MORE. But I couldn't stop my daily habit cold turkey, I had to look ONE MORE TIME. Well, a house I had seen earlier but was too expensive had just been reduced to something we could afford. So I sent an email to my realtor and next thing you know we own a house!

Its in chaparral, its about 10 years old, and it is going to be quite the challenge. Most of the big things are done, but there are a few cosmetic things that I need to change. First and foremost being to paint the kitchen cabinets and install a backsplash.

I am stressed out of my mind with all of the potential and I refuse to post pictures until I have a before and after of SOMETHING... because then I will feel better about the whole thing.

Until the after,

Brooke

7 comments:

M said...

Congratulations Brooke!! I know how frusterating the house hunt can be, so Im so excited you found something!

Liz said...

Congrats Brooke, that is really exciting. Just post a picture, I would love to see it.

Lisa said...

That's so exciting!! I want a house SOOO bad! I'm working on it!

Chelsey said...

Congrats, very exciting news! Please just post some picture so we can see your 'work in progress' (which I am sure is lovely)!

Unknown said...

that's SOOO exciting! I'm of course incredibly jealous but incredibly excited for you too. Yahoo!! Good luck with the renos.. if you end up needing any help [dunno how handy everyone in the family is but..] I have a sis in law that does them if you ever need someone.

Nick, Kaycee, Mea said...

How Awesome!! Congrats with the house...I can't wait to see some pictures!

Kristie said...

CONGRATS!!!! We are so happy for you guys. Can't wait to see pictures.