This is me at 32 weeks. I am getting big, and I also can't believe how pregnant I am really looking. AKWARD. Well, this photo is more for me to remember for later. We started taking the 'Childbirth Essentials' class every week. It has been quite the experience. We have learned all about what stage of labor you go to the hospital and what to do at each stage. Mick has had a few massage lessons, I hope he puts those to good use! Next week is the pain management class, I am nervous. So far it as been interesting. I have moments where I feel like I am in the movie 'Baby Mama' where they say, who wants to have a medicine free natural childbirth? And everyone raises their hands. Who wants to have evil western medicine and have an epidural? and I am the lone girl shouting, OH ME, ME! PICK ME! I figure, its free, I don't really ENJOY pain, we don't really get an award for having no medication. Some people have their reasons for choosing that option. Thats fine, but I don't see why I would choose to endure pain if I didn't have to. I guess it can't be that bad, people survive and have more children after. But why? So its been quite the interesting experience.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Week 32
This is me at 32 weeks. I am getting big, and I also can't believe how pregnant I am really looking. AKWARD. Well, this photo is more for me to remember for later. We started taking the 'Childbirth Essentials' class every week. It has been quite the experience. We have learned all about what stage of labor you go to the hospital and what to do at each stage. Mick has had a few massage lessons, I hope he puts those to good use! Next week is the pain management class, I am nervous. So far it as been interesting. I have moments where I feel like I am in the movie 'Baby Mama' where they say, who wants to have a medicine free natural childbirth? And everyone raises their hands. Who wants to have evil western medicine and have an epidural? and I am the lone girl shouting, OH ME, ME! PICK ME! I figure, its free, I don't really ENJOY pain, we don't really get an award for having no medication. Some people have their reasons for choosing that option. Thats fine, but I don't see why I would choose to endure pain if I didn't have to. I guess it can't be that bad, people survive and have more children after. But why? So its been quite the interesting experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Aw Brooke you look so cute pregnant!! And good call on the epidural. lol no awards here. I took the epi before I even was in any kind of pain and loooved it! Good luck with the non-epi mom's in your class!
You look amazing!! And I am all about the epidural! Loved both my labors! Good luck! We are excited for you!!
-Jenna
Funny movie, Brooke... and I can TOTALLY see you being the only one raising your hand! But, hey, like you said-WHY NOT??? It's there to help... You look great, by the way. How has pregnancy been? Are you feeling alright?Dude, you're almost done! Holy crap! What are you having, any how? I'm guessing you posted that info somewhere down the line... blogging is usually Becky's thing. She probably told me, too!
Anyhow-Just wanted to check up and see how you and Mick are doing! Hope you're doing well!
congrats, and you look great.
look pregnant my eye!! you look great, by week 32 i was dead on the couch not really able to walk anymore!!!
as for the no meds vs meds. i was all for going natural without any meds until i was 9 hours into labour!! it really does hurt. on the other hand michelle was all for drugs and didnt get a chance to get the epidural so just be prepared and pay attention to the pain management just in case little berry decides to show up quicker than you think and theres no time for pain killers!
I had a friend once put it beautifully, if someone had offered the pioneers a plane ride, do you think they would have turned it down? Neither do I. Why do it the hard way when there is an easy (easier) way? p.s. You look awesome!
You should check out hypnobirthing. This is what I am doing and I'm learning a lot about managing the 'discomforts' of labour. They really teach you to relax during a very potentially tense time. Check it out!
Yes, it CAN be that bad. I had 2 epidurals and 1 c-section, then this time, it went too fast and I did it all natural. DON'T DO THAT!! It IS that bad. I don't know that I'll ever do it again.... it was HORRID. Beyond what you could possibly imagine. Be smart and cave in to that evil modern medicine. It's SO much better. Do it Brooke, DO IT!!
Oh, and you look FABULOUS.
hey you never called me back that one day. epidural brooke...so you can enjoy it!
I am on your side Brooke. I am thinking I don't want the pain either. By the way you look really good for 32 weeks!
Post a Comment