Sunday, December 13, 2009

Every Christmas my mom gets all us girls an amaryllis to plant. I have the black thumb of the family and yet mine always grows the fastest. I just had to post this as proof that mine is fully bloomed and I offcially won! (Not that I am competitive or anything).
We had some friends over to get in the hottub and we decided to throw the kids in too. Mick turned down the temperature so it wasn't so piping hot, but we made sure the boys wore hats to not freeze their ears. It was nice to have friends over, the first to our new house!

I bought this beauty for 35 cents at the Okotoks junk yard. I am excited to paint it. I am thinking either red, bright green to match Jett's room, or white. I am also debating making a new seat and reupholstering it with a fun fabric. I figure this would be the easier way to learn. What color should I paint it?

4 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

I'm coming over during Christmas and kicking it in your hot tub....like it or not!
Um, and that chair is AWESOME!

Jett is SO SO SO SO cute!

Unknown said...

i love the chair, i think bright green, love the pictures in the hot tub, your flower is beautiful, tell your mom she forgot about her adopted daughter,haha, actually i was going to buy one then forgot oh well. have a Merry Christmas. love ya

debbie said...

See if I pick the neatest newest flower hybrid again. The race is on..... I learned from you this year not so much dirt. The flower is beautiful. But mine will be blooming in January....

Our Family said...

Jett is getting cuter by the minute. Looks like you guys are having fun.

Merry Christmas!

Alissa