Friday, October 21, 2011

Jager and Boston

Two little boys were rushed into this world Sunday morning.  The birth story will follow shortly but I thought I would update for those of you who haven't yet heard.

Twin A is Jager Brooks Berry and was born at 11:42 am weighing 2 lbs 14 oz

Twin B is Boston Michael Berry born at 11:44am weighing 2 lbs 12 oz.

They were born at 29 weeks 6 days gestation, so the major organs are developed, they just need to gain some weight and perfect their breathing.  
They are not on ventilators but they do have masks to bring more air closer to their noses so they can breath easier.  
They are fed gavage feedings which isn't a feeding tube but rather it uses gravity to feed them until they are old enough to suck and swallow.

Suck, Swallow, Breath is our new mantra!


 
Teeny tiny hands

 
This orange tube is what he eats with




5 comments:

Corrina Baker said...

congratulations guys! We may be visiting these boys in person next summer:) They can be buddies with Logan.

M said...

Oh My Goodness!!!!

Congratulations on your little miracles Brooke and Mick!! Love the names!

Devanie said...

I love these pictures!

Allison said...

Congrats Berry family!

Alauna said...

Great photos! I can't even imagine babies bon half the size of mine. So little and cute!