Friday, March 19, 2010

Worst Day Ever

So my parents are in Mexico. Last week when I dropped them off my dad said, I think we get in about the same time next week. 9:30. I will send you an email. Well, last night I started panicking thinking, NO EMAIL. So I mentally freaked out and woke up every 20 minutes from 6:00 am on. Finally I packed up Jett and the bag, went over to my moms, grabbed her car and drove to the airport. I keep trying all of their cell phones, nobody has their phone on. I think, ok, they are still in customs, no biggie. I park in the cell phone waiting area (genius idea by the way) and wait. I keep checking the phone when all of a sudden I get a facebook email from my mom saying that she was excited to see me TONIGHT and that dad thought the time was still 9:30. Along with flight info to track it BEFORE I left for the airport, you know, so you don't have to wait! AHHHH

SO I start the car and begin driving. BING BING the has light comes on. It must have beeped before when my dad drove us all TOO the airport and I missed it, because the level is WAAAAY low and it is giving me mean messages. SO I being driving, looking out for the nearest gas station. Jett starts FREAKING OUT. I try handing him food in the back seat, he chucks it on the floor. I am trying not to yell, just saying, Jetty, don't throw that! Here, have some crackers! Its not going well. So I pull over and let him out of the seat for a minute. Instantly happy.

Jett, we don't have any gas, we can't just park here and play. We have got to go home. Suddenly the stress of just getting home is getting to my head. Jett is screaming, I am watching the gas line, while driving, handing Jett treats, and looking for a gas station. Finally I pull into one. I being searching for my wallet. HMMM where is it? I CAN'T FIND IT. I left it in MY CAR. IN MY MOMS DRIVEWAY. I try calling Mick just in case I don't make it and he has to come rescue me. Not only does he not answer the phone, my phone is about dead with no charger. I can't handle it. I am blocking out Jett's screams just saying to myself repeatedly, we are almost to my moms house!

Needless to say, I got to her house, found my wallet, switched cars and went home. Then I realize I have a meeting today for work that I was hoping my mom could babysit for. Its not long, but I already told them I could make it.

So, I am off to find a baby sitter... Heres hoping tonights pick up goes a little smoother.

Brooke

3 comments:

Nick, Kaycee, Mea said...

Oh my! I felt anxious just reading this post about your day. I am glad you made it back to your Mom's without getting stranded. Hope you have an awesome day to trump this one!!

Lena said...

Oh goodness I so know what you are talking about. I think every mom experiences times like that either sooner or later. I hate those times when everything just goes wrong and you just want to scream.

Ashley Smith said...

Oh my goodness.. kay I totally forgot your blog was private, don't worry I went back and read it all. I'm so sorry this day was such a rotten day. I felt so bad for you just reading it. Next time you have a day like this give me a call