Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Adventures In Management



Last night, while working at my new part time gig at the mall, I was closing the store, and I left my purse and car keys in the managers office.  I knocked on the door to have the girls open it, and they couldn't get the door open.  They were locked inside!

The managers slid their keys under the door for me to unlock.  No such luck.  A few of the other girls tried the keys as well.  NO GO.  After numerous attempts to unlock the door, the girls inside called a district manager who called mall security.  The mall cops were not able to help me but were able to refer me to a 24 hour locksmith.  We knew there had to be something wrong with the lock itself because I could take the lock core out of the handle.  Locksmith refuses to enter the building because people are trapped inside, so because of the 'emergency situation' I had to call the police.

The police refer me to the firemen.  Meanwhile I find another locksmith willing to come in and help rescue.  (The ladies hoped that they were hot!) The firemen arrive first, with crowbars and other big tools in hand.  Minutes later the lock smith runs in while the firemen and busting open the door screaming "WAIT, I CAN FIX IT".  The firemen rescue the women and the locksmith fixes the door.  I left my 6-10 shift at 1:45am.  Lovely.

The End.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is crazy. I love the locksmith running in saying I CAN FIX IT!!

Bree Johnson said...

LOL i love the I HOPE their hot part!

Kadie Kinney said...

Oh my drama! That is awesome. Probably not at the time for you, but that really makes a great story! lol.

Devanie said...

Shut the FRONT DOOR! Well- I guess it was shut! Well, I'm glad you saved the day- maybe you'll get a promotion!

Lena said...

Oh what a day. Glad you took a picture.