Sunday, December 7, 2008

Birthday Confessional



Today. I. Am. 25. Years Old.
Okay, so I am one of those people that no matter how freaked out I am about the number, I still wake up at 6:00am on my birthday, so excited that it has finally come that I can't go back to sleep. I mentally count down the days leading up to it, knowing that nobody will really be as excited as I am. Even though everyone tells you 'Happy Birthday' when they first see you that day, I think about it all day long. I see people and think, oh yeah, and did you know, today is MY birthday! Sad, isn't it? To make matters worse, I have the memory of an elephant. I love getting presents, any shape or size. My mom has taught me to be ever so grateful. When someone gives you a gift, you don't just say, oh thanks and move on. You ooh and ahh over it, and bring it up again, saying, OH I JUST LOVE what you got me. I can't WAIT to use it. And because I love this day so much, items have names in my mind, such as 'the slippers Devanie got my for my birthday last year' or 'the purse from my mom'. And I think that every time I use these items. Weird right?




This year I got to be pampered. Mick took me to the most beautiful spa I have ever seen and I got a massage. It was wonderful. The room was 'themed' egyptian and of course I was distracted looking at how they built the cool pillars that look like concrete but really are made of foam. I touched them to make sure. But the best part is feeling myself relax. That NEVER happens. So thanks Mick for getting my exactly what I needed. You are the best!

9 comments:

Bree Johnson said...

Happy Birthday! You are so cute getting up at 6 am so excited! Which spa did you go to I'm curious- cause it sounds awesome! I'm gad you got to relax :)
btw that cake is freakin cool!

Nick, Kaycee, Mea said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! We hope you have a great birthday. We miss you guys and our birthday dinner together! Love ya

Kadie Kinney said...

Brooke I've been thinking about your birthday coming up all week too! (It helps that it's my brother's b-day too). But seriously, I hope it's a GREAT one! I'm going to call you soon so watch your phone so you can call me right back. :) Love your face and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Ashley Dawn said...

awww, what a great husband. I think of you every time someone says, Dec 7. I'm the same way as you. I totally LIVE IT UP on my birthday and I remember every little thing. Anyway, hope you have a great birthday ALL DAY LONG because you deserve it.

Improvedliving said...

Happy Birthday! You are so cute getting up at 6 am so excited!

Our Family said...

I'm sure that is just what you needed at this point in your pregnancy, A little relaxation. Happy Birthday!

Brandon and Kristina said...

happy b-day....girl- you and those slippers are in love!

Devanie said...

I LOVE that you think of me when you wear your slippers! You made my DAY! I hope your birthday was as FABULOUS as you are- that's awsome that Mick pampered you! When you described the spa- I couldn't help but think of T.L.'s bathroom... how I miss that man- but not as much as I miss you!

Sarah said...

Sounds like you went to Oasis! That is a really great spa- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And am I right to think you were 25 weeks on your 25th birthday?!
We should get together soon!