Wednesday, September 28, 2011

AND THE GENDER IS...

AND



So I have put off posting this because I found it depressing.  
I know real people have real problems in life but I wanted my own pity party for a while. 
I am having two boys.  
My least favorite of all of the combinations possible. 
The day I found out I avoided all phone calls.
This is the email I sent to my 2 BFF's to explain.




I am fine with the boys in general, its just that I am mourning the loss of having a daughter.  Everyone keeps telling me to have another kid and just pay to have it be a girl but I just don't think I am sane enough to have 4 kids.  Or is that too sane?  I just think I was totally fine with 2, 3 sounds like a handful and 4 is crazy.  I look at all the cute clothes my mom had saved that I refused to let my mom give away and it makes me sick that I have imagined having them for my little girl and it just might not happen.  I think of all the cute blankets, beaded socks, headbands, etc that I will never get to buy.  My blessing dress I wore hanging in my old room at my moms house.  I hoped my girl would wear it on her blessing day.  I already have Jett to live the boy dreams through, I just wanted a girl!  If I didn't already have a boy it wouldn't be as big a deal because I would just have one more.  3 kids, I can mentally grasp.  I know people loose way more in life, children die at all sorts of ages, but I still just feel this loss of what could have been.  You know?  Its not tragic, its just sad. I just cant be open about it because, YES they are healthy, my nephew died at 18.  How would his mom feel to hear me whine about something so insignificant?  Its just silly but I am still just sad about it. SO I haven't really told anyone.  I am not ready to hear the its all going to be okays.  I just want to wallow in my own sadness for one day and keep it to myself.  My mom freaked out when she didn't hear from me and thought something was wrong with the babies, so when she called 20 times and wouldn't stop I finally bawled to her on the phone about it.  She understood.  Other than that you two are the only people that know because I have had enough of the polite chit chat from Mick.  I just want to be pissed for a while.  It feels good.

When I am happy we can all discuss the great things about having yet MORE boys and if either of you have a girl  I get to be the special aunt who spoils them crazy and makes them crazy accessories and you have to let them wear them because mine can't.  They might get the massive flower headbands or crappy hand made bows so deal with it and consider yourself warned as of this moment.

I am over it and getting excited.  
Now to think of names.
I can think of single names I like
but not two together
that also sound good with Jett
If I name one with a "J" name I feel like I have to name BOTH

What are the rules?
Do I care about the rules?
OH the dilema's.

I am offering a cash reward for whoever comes up with a name.
It can't be common,
it can't be too weird
you have to be able to spell it and pronounce it.
I prefer it to be NOT in the top 1000 most common names
on  the social security website.

Is there anything LEFT?

HELP!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

yay, two boys! I hope that you do get to have a little girl one day, have you thought of adopting an older child perhaps on day? just throwing it out there, I think that it would be less crazy than another infant.
haha, there's no rules for names, you're so cute, pick some that you like and have fun with it! good luck!

M said...

Hey Gorgeous!

I totally understand mourning the loss of what could have been. You shouldnt have to excuse yourself.

Have you checked the Service Alberta website? Type in Alberta Baby Names to google, and it shoudl come up, you can see every name that was used in Alberta in a specific year, AND how many times it was used.

I try to avoid the names that have been used more that 50 times in a specific year.

Good luck!! You do make beautiful babies!

Tanis said...

you just ruled out a thousand names!!! thats crazy!!

I like Cale, or Kale... or Davin...Embry... Xander...Gage...Hale...Harper...maguire...nixen...pacey..tobin...terrick...chravis...

i really like last names for boys firsts names...you coud name them johnson and whatever your moms maiden name is???

how are you feeling? lets hang out soon!

Katie said...

Hey, you! I know we've talked but I'm still just so excited for you. I think it's perfectly normal to mourn what could have been. I remember a short time ago when I thought I would only ever have 2 girls and would wistfully look at little boys as I would drive past the baseball fields. Who knows? Maybe, someday you will have a girl. If not, you have at least 2 nieces that adore you and you will have at least 3 daughter-in-laws someday (let's hope you like them). I just know I'm so excited that Owen will have some buddies to run around with.

Oh, you have already heard my rules. No past-patient of mine. No biblical names. Not too trendy and not too traditional. Sounds good as a boy and a man name. No unisex names. Nothing remotely feminine as the surname Berry is already feminine. Taylor Berry? I think not. I think with Owen we bordered on common side but it just was perfect. So far, the names we've discussed fits all rules :)

Corrina Baker said...

Brooke-are you guys living in alberta or idaho? We might be moving to Calgary. email me corrinajune@gmail.com

Kristie said...

Ok first I didn't know that you were having twins!!! So congrats ont that first and 2nd Congrats on the boys!! I know you are sad that you are having two boys but twin boys really are so much fun. I have twin little brothers (Trent and Travis) and then my brother had twin boys (Kyson and Kael) There other kids names are Cali and she had a little boy almost a year ago named Jace. SO maybe that will help you with names. Oh And I have two older brothers named Chad and Mike. I really do think you are going to have som much fun with them. But I do understand wanting have that one girl. I actually only want one girl and 3 boys girls are a lot of drama. And I would really like twin but I want them to be twin boys girls you have to worry more about. I hope you do have fun with the names and the joy of twin boys!! CONGRATS AGAIN!!

Ashley Smith said...

http://nameberry.com/search/boys_names

try that one maybe you will have good luck because it says berry in the title.

I like Gabe, Micah, Isaac, Parker, Alec

They have fun lists like "literary names for boys", "old man names", "supermodel baby names" hah!

Two Mittens said...

I really wanted to make sure I found out what I was having the second time around. I wanted to be able to deal with it if I was having another boy so I wouldn't feel disappointed when the baby was born. I knew I might need some time to wrap my head around it.
You don't have to apologize for dreaming of a daughter.

AND congrats on two little sweet boys on the way! My boys are really best friends and all 3 of your boys will be great pals.

Ok, names...Jensen, Jenner, Jasper, Jonas, Jagger (a personal fave)...seems I can only think of J names now ;)

Unknown said...

my friend named her baby drex and i thought of u and it sounds good with jett i also like hendrix or hawk but i always have wait until i see the baby to choose a name.