Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Life lately


Jett found a mirror and was so excited to see himself.  He kept kissing the mirror over and over.  I couldn't get him to leave!  Then he found a shirt (FROM THE STORE) and proceeded to "wash" the mirror.  I am a little worried that my son is getting a little OCD with his wanting every thing clean.  He will now wash the faucet in the tub so he can see himself and kiss it.  Cute, but a little much.


Jett had to have a minor surgery.  It was a regular procedure but he had to be put to sleep and it was really sad to see your baby in pain.  He was mostly upset about the IV in his hand. 

The Children's hospital was AMAZING.  They had little dvd players for each kid to watch.  He was plenty distracted having lots of Dora and Thomas to watch. 

They also had little play areas all over for the kids to play with.  There were a 3-4 toy sections as well as a book section.  They really kept the kids in mind and I was so relieved.  He also refused to wear the cute baby scrubs that they provide.  I was sad I didn't get a picture of him in them because they are soo cute.
   
They wrapped a face cloth over his IV so he wouldn't pull at it.  This was the only part he kept whining about and saying it was itchy.

   



 So we distracted him with DORA BOOTS!  He was really happy to have his bears with him and his 'special blanket'.  I was really happy with how well he did and all is healed and recovered with Jett man.  The best part about the whole day was only have to pay for lunch and parking.  God Bless Canada!

2 comments:

Tanis said...

isnt the children's hospital wonderful!!!
I swear they think of everything! Hope Jett-man is doing good now though.
When they put Melia to sleep it was so weird so watch her go from scared to slumped over in 2 seconds. I wish I could have some of that knock out gas for myself- and for her some days too!!

Devanie said...

Glad it went well and he does look so super sweet! What a trooper!