Tuesday, March 17, 2009

2 Weeks Old


Little man is 2 weeks old today. I have to say, I have a whole new respect for mothers of more than one child. I don't understand how you can take care of a new born and have another kid running around the house to take care of. Jett is a really good baby, but he wants to be held 24/7. There reaches a time in the day that I am just dying to take a shower or do anything for myself such as eating! He will be almost asleep and the second I lay him down he starts to wimper. I try to give him his soother but he just spits it out. Its so frustrating. This kid better be sleeping through the night at six weeks or I might just go crazy.

14 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

The first 2 months is so hard. I was not very good at getting up in the night. I found it to be such a struggle. I don't understand how mothers do more than 1 either, and some have 6!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE! I knew that baby berry was gonna be a cutie! I love his expression in the 2nd pic :)

Ashley Smith said...

My baby swing saved my life, and you have an amazing one. The only time I had time to myself with either of my kids was when they were asleep in the swing.

Lena said...

He is such a cutie! Joshua was two weeks old when Adam had to leave for 5 weeks of training. That's when I gained a new respect for single mothers with two kids. We just moved to San Antonio like 3 weeks before that. Gotta be thankful for visiting teachers, mine would come over EVERY EVENING to keep me company.
Enjoy your little boy Brooke, every moment. SIx months will go by SO FAST and then years.
~Hugs,
Lena

Jodi said...

Rider is almost 10 months and he still doesn't sleep through the night. Amazingly enough you will be blessed to endure this very sleep deprived time of your life that doesn't end until they are in college (according to my pediatrician). Welcome to the mommy club. Don't be shy about letting people help when they offer to come and just hold the baby. You need it and they love it!

Ashley Dawn said...

Don't hold your breath for the 6 week thing.... Don't worry, it gets better. Oh, and with more than one child....you actually just don't deal with it!!

Ashley Dawn said...

That sounded bad, but I guess I'm just trying to say that you just end up prioritizing more or something. I don't know. Anyway, he's darling and I really hope that you start to get more sleep and some time to yourself soon...

Two Mittens said...

A lot of babies love being in a sling if you haven't tried that already. It doesn't really help with the shower, but at least you could have your hands free to do something.
He sure is cute!

Sheralin said...

For me the first two months have been an adjustment with all three of my kids. I would highly recommend a book called Baby Wise. Someone gave it to me when I had Kason, and I have read it after having each kid. It has great advise for getting your child to eat well and sleep well. Good luck, you're doing great, and it does get easier!

Devanie said...

Hang in there Mommenschpiel! Not that I know much about being exhausted by a 2-week old- but if anyone can hang in there- it's you! We need a reunion and I need to hold that BABY!!!!

Steph said...

I absolutely love the little sneakers he has on in the first picture. Adorable!! Good luck with the sleeping through the night at 6 weeks! Let me know how that goes? {I am laughing silently to myself right now} And the whole "more than one kid" thing is hard at first just like one in hard at first then you get used to it.

Chelsey said...

Brooke, I love this post! Don't worry - everything will get so much better and easier as time goes on. Once you establish more of a routine you will find that you can once again get a little bit of your life back! Just hang in there and enjoy your little man (who is so cute - I loved holding him - he is so tiny) because time will fly by and soon he won't want you to snuggle and hold him!

PS - aren't you looking forward to girls night even more now that Jett has arrived, haha!

Raelene said...

You get use to it... Myles still isn't really sleeping through the night and he is 8 1/2 months. So good luck with that 6 week thing. Jett is adorable though. I think he looks a lot like Mick. Enjoy your time with him not mobile because before you know it they are gone and as far as more children thing...they just bring more joy and pain! hahahaha

Jenny said...

Hey guys, just wanted to say he is adorable!