It has been a busy week this last week. Mick finally got his letter to go for his immigration interview. He recieved his work permit in November but we had to go downtown and speak with the immigration office to finalize all of his paperwork. He is now a legal 'permanent resident' of Canada. So he has the same rights as being a citizen he just can't vote and doesn't have to pull jury duty. The interview was interesting because we were both nervous about me being pregnant. I had to sign a paper saying I would financially support him if needed for the next three years. I just thought they would see me large with child and think, okay if he lost his job and you have to support him, how do you think you are going to go about doing that? I was all prepared to defend myself by explaining my maternity leave payments and savings. When we got to the interview waiting room, however, I would say 70% of the Canadians in the couples were women and most of them were carrying around babies. It made us think, when we filled out the application, most of the questions we answered and documents we had to provide were to prove that it was a legitimate marriage and not just for immigration. SO HELLO, A child only HELPS the issue. They didn't want to see dating and wedding photos and hear how we met just so they can get to know us a little better!
After the immigration interview was over I only had one day left of work. I could totally relax and I thought, NOW this baby can come anytime. I just didn't want to leave the hospital to run to the interview. I had a wonderful baby shower on saturday so I am feeling a lot more prepared, and I have asked everyone so many questions, I think I can handle this.
So today was my first day home from work. I thought I would sleep in and watch TV but I thought I better get the house clean. Lucky for me my mom is also very motivated to get the house clean, so it is basically organized. I am sooooo happy. Now we just have to finish sewing my crib bedding and we are ready to go!
8 comments:
Your so spoiled to have your mom clean your house. Sounds like ready for the baby. Do you have any names pick out? I can't believe what a great babyshower that bree planned she has talent. Let us know when you have your new bundle of joy.
I am so thrilled for you two! I will keep you in my prayers in the future! YAY for Berry babies :)
Ok little Missy- I wrote to you on your facebook that I need your address- baby colors/ theme... pronto! This baby isn't coming into the world without a special token of Auntie Devi's love for him!!! Let me know- I'll be praying for you and the baby's safe deliver- mommy loves you!
Brookie!! I'm so excited for you! Your countdown on your profile freaks me out, it's so close! I hope you're feeling well, and I expect a phone call from you tomorrow afternoon if you're not in labor! :) love your face and can't wait to see your little Berry!
I am so excited for you and Mick! Your due date is fast approaching...yea!!!! You two will be such great parents. We love you guys!
Glad Mick got his Permanent Resident Status. I just got my citizenship last summer. I was so scared but everyone was so nice in the office. I was like 8.5 months pregnant too.
Can't wait to see pictures of the baby and updates on delivery.
Yay, just seven days to go...hopefully! Good luck. Miss you guys.
It was so fun to see you again. You are such a cute pregnant lady. Congrats on the immigration thing. That's a big deal. Yay for Mick being an official Alien.
Post a Comment