Extraction day - Probably the worst of the entire process. The IV sucked that bad. It hurt for weeks afterwords. You are legally intoxicated after the procedure so you can't be alone for the day. My mom was in charge of babysitting me. The rest of it was NO PROBLEM. Just the IV.
4.5.2011 extraction day
I had to be there at 8:30 and drop off Jett at my moms at 7:30. So
early! Traffic was actually not bad and we got there with time to
spare. We got called in pretty quickly and gowned up. I was really
nervous but by this point I know most of the nurses so they are
friendly.
I was nervous about the IV the most. The doctor was pretty snarky with
me about the correct way to pump my fist to get my veins thick.
Overall it was fine. I walked myself into the room and jumped on the
bed. I was so nervous my whole body was shaking. They give you the
happy drugs and all is good to go. The nurse keeps asking me
questions. There is a large tv on the wall and I remember seeing the
first few seconds but the rest of it is a blur. I just remember
getting really confused when I just wanted to sleep and the nurse
kept asking me questions so I kept saying "now where was I going
with this?".
When we got out Mick was right there waiting and helping. I heard the
doctor say it was Micks job to keep me awake and I tried really hard
not to sleep. The nurse came over after and thought I was getting
paranoid which is a bad side effect of the drugs but I had to tell her
I was trying to force my eyes open to stay awake.
Brooke
3 comments:
So do they knock you out completely or are you just sort of sedated?
That sucks about the IV...
They don't knock you out completely they just give you some strong drugs. I was told that you are awake and can watch but I just wanted to sleep.
Why do they give you sleepy drugs and then tell you to stay awake? So mean. I remember them making me stay awake after my appendectomy and all I wanted to do was sleep. i'm glad you weren't getting paranoid! :)
Post a Comment