3.29.2011
I am finally down to one job. For the last few months I have been
working my butt off to make $8500 for invitro.
It all started last fall when I got laid off from my previous job. I
knew I wanted to be pregnant and needed to work to build my hours for
maternity leave. Nobody in the building industry was hiring, they were
all laying people off as well. So I figured I may as well just find a
job at the mall. Anthroplogie was just opening up so I applied and got
a managing job there, but full time. The day i was offered the job I
started panicking about working full time. Then my friend who had a
day home told me she was getting divorced and moving to Edmonton. So I
had nobody to watch Jett.
I suddenly remembered a guy I worked with at cardel who was our
flooring rep who started his own flooring store and design centre. I
called him to see if he was hiring and possibly someone part time. I
sent him my resume. He called the next morning and i went in for an
interview that day and was offered a job before I got home. I think it
was meant to be.
I called anthro to tell them it wasn't going to work and they offered
me an assistant managing position part time a couple nights a week. I
figured I needed the money so why not?
So my schedule was 3 days a week at the design center. 2-3 nights a
week at Anthro.
Then I had a friend of joel's call who asked if I would help him rent
out his apartment. Sure, why not.
Then I had another friend ask if I could help him design his website.
Sure, why not.
Apartment got rented, website completed, and today was my last shift
at Anthro. Thank freaking goodness. I loved that job but the time away
got to be too much especially when I am going through all this in
vitro stuff. I would love to go back later. Just wish it paid more.
Brooke
No comments:
Post a Comment