Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mind Over Matter

I don't believe any more.  This pregnancy has been really different.  I guess in my mind the only difference I thought would be feeling more uncomfortable earlier in the pregnancy.  Once I wasn't sick with my first pregnancy it went really well.  Pretty much text book, which is just how Jett was a child.  This one?  SO DIFFERENT.

With Jett - I would puke once or twice every morning and be done with it
vs.
This time - fine for a few days (turning into over than a week) then super super sick.  


I guess since I am PASSED the time most people get over the sickness, I am getting nervous.  Just yesterday my mom had to jinx me by commenting on how much better I was feeling.  So it should be expected that I wake up super sick.

I gave up hope of just thinking to myself that I felt better, eating like I was fine and I would feel fine.

WRONG!

Another trip to my favorite little mini hospital by my moms house.  Thankfully her and mick were BOTH in town and this was way less dramatic.  In addition to the gravol and 2 more IV bags, I got a new (to me) drug that they give to cancer patients to stop them from throwing up.  I have a new best friend, and went the doctor told me I could leave she said "We will be seeing you soon!".

I am scared.

(Pictures are from the internets.  I just thought some people need pictures!)

9 comments:

Lena said...

Ahh Brooke, hang in there! I had a home care and iv in a backpack with my last pregnancy. I hope the magic drug is helping, though it made me puke even more, especially when I was getting it iv. I hope you start feeling better sooner than later! I so remember the feeling :(((

Jodi said...

I also took that cancer patient drug. It worked for awhile then stopped. These babies do a number on your body. Hang in there!

Dickey Berry Photography said...

I am sorry Brooke.

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Just remember it's all going to be so worth it! How exciting I didn't know it was twins :) Is that officially every single one of you and your siblings that have had twins now :) haha

Alauna said...

I really feel for you....WIth both pregnancies I was super sick and had to go on Zofran (chemo nausea drug) right up until the day I gave birth with both because I couldn't put on weight because I was sick all the time. I know it seems like forever but it does end eventually and is sooooo worth it!

Two Mittens said...

the good thing about a twin pregnancy is that you get two for one...even if that one is gross!

Sending you happy anti-nausea vibes ;)

Kristie said...

I have not been checking blogs for a while. But CONGRATS on being prego!! I'm so happy for you guys. I hope you get feeling better soon. It always sucks to be so sick. I can't wait to hear what you guys are having. Hope things get better :)

Melissa Turney said...

Brooke, I'm a friend of Bree's and I just came across this post. Don't give up hope. I took the Zoferan (which is what they give to the cancer patience)in both my pregnancies and also a few trips to the hospital as well. With the first one I was sick until about week 22 and the second I was sick up until week 18. Don't give up hope! It is so miserable. Even on the cancer drug I still threw up about three times a day but it did prevent those pesky hospital visits. Hope you feel better soon!

Liz said...

Oh Brook --- I feel for you. My morning sickness didn't end until week 22, usually it ended months before. I took Zofran every day and I was still really sick, but the days I didn't take it I was VERY sick. Just remember, it's totally worth it. I'm trying to tell myself that right now being 36 weeks pregnant with my twins.