Monday, June 20, 2011

Worst Day Ever = about my hero's

So Mick wanted to go fishing this last Saturday with some friends.  I decided that I would take Jett to Calaway Park with some friends / family whoever wanted to go.  WELL my stomach had other plans for me.  I was sick all morning to the point I was freaking out about Jett being taken care of, so I called my BEST BIG BROTHER EVER and begged him to come take care of the little man so I could puke in peace.  Not only did he take him he came and picked him up and kept him ALL DAY LONG.  BY HIMSELF with his 2 other boys, because Bree was doing a photoshoot for her etsy shop that day.  AHHH.  He is my hero #1 of the day.  


So fast forward a few hours when I have managed to do nothing but still be sick and keep NOTHING down (I know, disgusting to share) I call my mom who was out of town in Victoria.  I called to whine.  I couldn't handle it ANY MORE.  The fact that she answered while roaming is a miracle, I could just hear her thinking $1 a minute Brooke!  But she told me to just go to the hospital.  Not wanting to believe her I call health link, who also tells me to go to the hospital.  I know I cannot drive myself I would kill myself puking out the window while I got there...  I literally cannot think of anyone who is free to give me a ride.  The only people I can think of either went to Calaway on my ditched plans or just had a baby.  Finally I think of my moms BFF who has been in London this last week.  I thought she JUST might be back in town.  I was in luck, her husband told me she was out buying groceries.


She agrees to come pick me up and she drops me off at the clinic by our house after supplying me with a make shift puke bag.  I was so grateful.  Not only does she drop me off, she comes back 20 minutes later with a "emergency kit".  Included in said kit was crackers, ginger gravol, a bottle of water, a nice leak proof puke bag, and soft napkins.  Where did the guardian angel come from?  She called me after I was let into a room and not allowed guests.  She checked up on me and came to wait to pick me up because her phone was dying and didn't want to miss the "I'm Ready" phone call.  I told her she didn't need to worry and could just go home.  I could call her there if I needed her.


5 hours, 2 iv bags of fluids, and 1 iv shot of gravol later I was allowed to go home.  


My lovely day came to an end with Mick coming home and wondering how I almost died on him (his words) and Jett crashing on the floor at Brandon's house.


 I survived.

2 comments:

The Nutt House said...

Hope you are feeling better. It sucks to be sick, but the blessings x2 will be worth it. Just hate it when it kicks the crap out of you!
love you , miss you.

bree johnson said...

oh man i felt so bad i couldn't help more I hate only having one car somedays!